Falsehood about Shivaji Maharaj and Brahmins:

Falsehood about Shivaji Maharaj and Brahmins:
Since the Mandal Commission report, India has been badly battered into a casteist and communal country.
Political leaders have started using caste as a weapon to further their own 'causes' and 'agenda' with eyes purely on votes.
In Maharashtra, the Maratha lobby has suddenly found a surge in its love for Shivaji Maharaj.
Their leaders and chamchas are spreading all false information about Shivaji and are shamelessly targeting Brahmins.
One of the canards is that Brahmins at that time refused coronation of Shivaji because he was a Shudra - the biggest of all lies.

Still consider this:
If I go to a government office, and ask for a job under OBC reservation, aren’t the government officers supposed to ask me for my caste certificate? Or they would just give me a job, because I claimed to be from OBC?
Brahmins have their duties too. We cannot just do rajyabhishek (coronation ceremony) to anyone who asks us to.
I am a Brahmin, so as per Hindu tradition, I am not qualified to be a king. If I ask a fellow Brahmin to do rajyabhishek to me, he will deny it - because I am not qualified. It is the Brahmin’s responsibility to make sure only the right people become Kings.
I doubt anyone doubted that Shivaji deserved to be our king. He was the greatest Hindu king of the last 1000 years. Still, those tasked with following the rules and procedures of our society must follow them. In the end, it was Brahmins who pronounced him a king and did rajyabhishek.
Shivaji Maharaj had an ashta-pradhan mandal (i.e. eight-member cabinet of ministers) to oversee state affairs. At times, seven out of the eight were brahmins. Which tells us how much he trusted brahmins.
So hey guys - just keep your mouths shut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Vanjari caste

शेतजमीन विषयक वहिवाट रस्ता

5 +3+3+4 school system explained